Chrysler to halt production of neckbelts

This is a good old story, hope the link comes up.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29674

good thing its a humor site huh??

"...huh??" is right.
LOL......
------------------------------------ http://www.carforums.net Auto Forums

Unfortunately it is too close to reality for me to find amusing. Early seat belts designs consisted of either a lap belt or shoulder strap. This was before the idea to combine them together. The laps belts often left people paralyzed because it snapped their spine at the waist. The shoulder straps tended to strangle people.
Well then maybe you'll like this one better: GM to introduce instant-win airbags
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30400
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 01:30:33 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (James Goforth) wrote:

I still don't find it amusing but it is better than the seat belt one. I fall into the category of people will be injured when my dirver's side air bag bursts out at 200MPH. And even though that is a known fact I still can't legally disable it because it is somehow supposed to be good for me.
About 6 months after I bought my car there was a recall for some switch. It said the air bag could potentially inflate within a few seconds of turning off the vehicle.
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:26:30 -0500, P12 wrote:

Tighten up your tin-foil beanie hat a little, and things will be all right.
Linux Registered User #327951
"I still don't find it amusing..." I don't suppose you're familiar with the 'Debbie Downer' skits on Saturday Night Live...