Dakota Rear Shocks

Does anyone "know" exactly which shock absorber is a factory replacement for a 1998 Dodge Dakota, V8, Ext. Cab, 2-Wheel Drive, Automatic?
The dealer tells me they have 2 shocks for this vehicle. One costs $97.95 ea. and the other costs $37.95 ea. Both are replacement shocks, so they said. That is a huge difference in price and I must assume a huge difference in quality/ride as well. I asked if the cheaper shock would make my truck ride like I have a solid steel rod for a shock was installed or not and they said it would not. When I asked them if I could return them if it did make my truck ride bad and they told me no. They assume I will just take their word for it and move on because they are the dealer and I am not.
Which "after market" shock will be a direct replacement for the OEM shocks? I know Dodge doesn't make shocks and the OEM stamping comes form a shock manufacturer. It is that manufacturer part number I want.
Thanks.

vin#. They will be able to determine what suspension that truck was built with by the sales code.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I did that. That's where the two choices came from. This is the same dealer that replaced the entire internals of my rear end not too long ago when the only thing wrong was the pinion bearing.
I went to AutoZone and talked to them. They sold me a Gabriel shock that was supposed to be an OEM replacement. They also told me that if it didn't do what I expected it to do that I could return it. the dealer told me I could not do that.
Dealer - 0 AutoZone - 1

rear end I would have told you the same thing. If there are pits in the races of the other bearings or other signs of wear..you may as well do it all at one time. Especially if you have the limited slid differential. As far as the shocks are concerned, you probably wouldn't know the difference. Except in your wallet.
just my opinion Glenn
I agree with all you said but it still hurt when I wrote that check. Thanks.