Dash light problem on 96 Town & country .

I just bought a 96 Town & Country and the dash lights dont come on. The previous said he checked all the fuses which I assume the ones under the
hood but all were good . Is this a common problem ? I hope someone in this fine group has some helpful info on this matter. Thanks!

No not a common problem. If you checked the fuses and they are ok, you will need to check the switch. A good scan tool would make things easier and less work
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks Glenn . Are you talking about a scanner that plugs in the diagnostic port / connection under the dash ? And would that pinpoint the exact problem area ? The check engine light is not on while the engine is running and it not being on would indicate no fault codes ,right ? So would the lighting problem still show up although the check engine light is not on with engine running . Im wondering if the key switch method would work ( to access the codes) if was a trouble code was stored wouldnt the light be on or would a lighting problem show up there and not alert the check engine light to come on? Hmmm. Thanks
A scan tool will see what the inputs and outputs to the BCM are. A body fault code will not set the check engine lite on. And yes it would be the same connection under the dash. No it would not pinpoint a problem, it would be part of the diagnois of the problem.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html