Do I need a transmission cooler on 3 speed auto?

I have a 1992 Shadow, 3-spd auto on a 3 liter V6.

Engine has been great, but trans has gone out 3 times in the last 70k miles or so, right now it won't go into 3rd.

Trying to decide between scrapping and repairing.

Met a guy today who just loves Dodge, told me it needs a cooler and it'll be fine forever, more or less.

Anybody think it'd be a good idea for me to get it fixed one more time and add a transmission cooler?

I've always liked driving the car, but I've paid for 3 rebuilds in the last 6-7 years.

thanks! Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Jeff