FS: Oddball Roadrunner

This is a real strange one. It is a 1975 Plymouth Roadrunner. Certainly a project, but is looks like a one year car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&itemF29374053
I had never seen a '75 Roadrunner before. I thought they went from the Satellite body straight to the Volare body. Apparently they made a stop in Monaco along the way.
CCC
-
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:31:19 -0500, Collector Car Central

The '75 road runner package was available on the Fury Sport 2 door hardtop. Model number was RM21, so this is the genuine article. 7183 were built, the lowest production year of the big runners. *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:51:18 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Ugh, overweight, and underpowered. I could guarantee better performance characteristics out of my 1998 Z-34. The crazy part is that this guy has a reserve on the auction. He should be happy to take the $535 that's bid on it now and get it off his lot. A car that size wouldn't get out of it's own way with anything less than a 360...
Raymond A. Sirois SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6023 http://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6080

Actually, being a rather rare car there will be SOMEONE out there willing to pay a pretty fair buck for it.

Two very different cars designed in very different times.
USA car makers in 1975 all produced bloated under powered cars with huge 5 mph crash bumpers with bolt of smog gear.
I happen to like this body style, well the Plymouth Sport Fury version anyway. I had two, a 75 and 78, both 318 cars. The 75 was a dog, but looked nice. The 78 I did some work too. Heads and 4 bbl intake from an 86 Gran Fury cop motor, headers and glass packs, msd ignition. It had a 2.41 rear end. It wouldnt chirp a tire, but the top end was somewhere around or over 150 MPH. Passed many a Z28 with it. Now this one looks severely neglected. Its a shame to me. Kinda sentimental about these, since they were my first two cars.
77-78 Roadrunner was based on the "F" car Volare platform. Not the sport fury
On Sat, 06 May 2006 03:30:01 -0400, "sqdancerLynn"

And were consequently a piece of garbage. Hell, even the "Sport Fury" was underpowered and overweight...
Raymond A. Sirois SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6023 http://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6080

Site Timeline