Fuel air mixture adjustment doesn't work properly

This is a 1977 Dodge 360-3 engine with about 35,000 miles.
I normally run the fuel\air mixture screw adjustment all then way in and then back it out 2 1/2 turns to get a starting point. From there I try to
get the best balance between smooth enginf and max vaccum.
But on this one I can run both all the way in and the engine continues to run(rough) and backing them out doens't seem to make any big difference.
Basically, these adjustments have very little effect and the engine won't smooth out. Is it time to ge a new carburator?
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:17:54 -0400, Issy wrote:

[...]
It's time to get a new car.
Linux Registered User #327951
check your intake and carb base for vacuum leaks

won't
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:12:37 -0600, rob wrote:

My intake is fine, and I don't have a carb. Why would you think I had a vacuum leak?
Linux Registered User #327951
You are a retard! You know what he meant and to whom Troll. If you can't help or try get lost! Dodgem
Dan C wrote:

Don't waste your time on him, he's just one of those losers that have nothing better to do in life then harass people, and to stupid to figure things out for himself
On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:06:11 -0400, maxpower wrote:

....Yawn.... take some English and grammar lessons, grease monkey.
Linux Registered User #327951
grease monkey? thank you ! I appreciate the complement!!

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:21:11 -0400, Dodge-Him wrote:

You are a moron!

How would you have any idea what I know? Troll? Nah.
Linux Registered User #327951