Fuel air mixture adjustment doesn't work properly

This is a 1977 Dodge 360-3 engine with about 35,000 miles.

I normally run the fuel\air mixture screw adjustment all then way in and then back it out 2 1/2 turns to get a starting point. From there I try to get the best balance between smooth enginf and max vaccum.

But on this one I can run both all the way in and the engine continues to run(rough) and backing them out doens't seem to make any big difference.

Basically, these adjustments have very little effect and the engine won't smooth out. Is it time to ge a new carburator?

Reply to
Issy

[...]

It's time to get a new car.

Reply to
Dan C

check your intake and carb base for vacuum leaks

Reply to
rob

My intake is fine, and I don't have a carb. Why would you think I had a vacuum leak?

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
Dodge-Him

"Dodge-Him" Dodgem

Don't waste your time on him, he's just one of those losers that have nothing better to do in life then harass people, and to stupid to figure things out for himself

Reply to
maxpower

....Yawn.... take some English and grammar lessons, grease monkey.

Reply to
Dan C

You are a moron!

How would you have any idea what I know? Troll? Nah.

Reply to
Dan C

grease monkey? thank you ! I appreciate the complement!!

Reply to
rob