Grand Caravan ES remote

My 2002 Grand Caravan remote doesn't work consistently on the rear hatch. Sometimes it unlocks the hatch and sometimes not regardless of how many times I press the button. The lights blink, but that's it. The hatch also
locks itself after I close it. Any ideas. Thanks, David
Replace the batteries in the remote.

also
David, are we referring to the power liftgate not opening??
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
no. It is not a power liftgate. the liftgate release seems to have a mind of its own. When I hit the button on the driver's door it takes 3-4 hits to unlock the lifgate and sometimes it doesn't work anyway. The same is true for the button on the remote. Then to add insult to injury, the liftgate locks itself when I close it. DB

hmmm. Not a remote problem, not a switch problem, I would have to say possibly something with the acuator itself