Nitro/Nav/MyGig question

On

I asked a question about a problem I'm having with my navigation system (Dodge Nitro/MyGIG). Below is an extract from this forum showing the type of problem I'm having. I've had the wiring and antenna checked and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong. The dealer claims they called audio engineering and were told that this is a known problem and that there is currently no fix. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this problem? Was it fixed? Thanks.

So we went to a family wedding in Oshawa, Ontario this past weekend. I knew where I was going without the NAV but kept the map display on just to see what would happen. As I was driving up I-94 in Michigan, generally speaking it was working but as I got close to Port Huron it started 'wandering'. When I crossed into Ontario heading east the vehicle icon was heading in a westerly direction and showed me out in Lake Huron. 26 km into Ontario, wham, the display came back and showed me exactly where I was. I likened it to the system not being able to get a signal out in the lake, looked for a new signal and put me back on track. I'm sure that's not what happened but that's what it seemed like. It worked fine until I got just west of Toronto and then the icon traveled in a circle. This was near the Toronto airport and it had me circling around on the map as if I was circling the airport. When I got to my destination the Nav showed I was still 56 miles away from it! The next day I ran some errands in the Oshawa area and it worked fine. Later however, I entered the address of where the kids were to be baby-sat and I followed the NAV directions to the house. But, the house address didn't exist on the street I was on because the Navigator was telling me to turn where I shouldn't be turning. Knowing it didn't always work you would think I would have double checked the street signs but no! We were pressed for time, I was rushing and careless. Turns out I was 2 blocks away. Needless to say, by the time, I re-oriented myself, found out how to get to where I was supposed to be, etc. we were late for the wedding. But, we did get there in time for the I do's. And it was a great party afterward.

Reply to
Bob Mitchell

Sounds to me like your Navigation system is losing the satellite signal. Where was the antenna installed? It might be worth the time to try to move it to where it has a better view of the sky. I have never had this problem with my NAV system unless it has lost the satellite signal for a long time (over 30 seconds)

Reply to
Les Benn

It's a factory installed NAV. The antenna is on the roof. And actually since I made my post I've discovered through a source in the company that it is a know problem and they are working on a software fix. It's weird though because I haven't heard of any other Nitro owners with the same problem.

Reply to
Bob Mitchell