c'mon guys

someone put in a bid and get it moving ............... :-)

Reply to
tiscali

it's still a G-WAC disco for sale on Ebay ref 320076555913, 1989 V8CARB 3- DOOR :-)

Reply to
tiscali

tiscali uttered summat worrerz funny about:

;-)

Reply to
Dr_D

That stuff doesn't work. I drank a whole bottle and the door still looked brighter than the rest of it. :-)

Reply to
tiscali

tiscali uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Red is one of those colours, think you've got it right ... then park under a streetlamp and it could be two different cars.

That aside looks a nice motor, good luck with it!

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Cheers, tyres alone were over 250 quid, breaks me 'art to sell it so cheap :-)

Reply to
tiscali

Whats your best price matey?

Reply to
Nige

Can you get the G-WAC number back?

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

When ever I move a plate back off one of ours I put a post it note in the paperwork asking nicely if they can give back the previous number if still available.. I normally use the pretext that it's etched on the windows. That and I'll have the origional number in the garage still (no. plate). Has yet to fail.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Maybe. According to the DVLA if I put the DBZ7785 number on retention (costs £105), the donor vehicle might get its original number back.

See

bottom of page13

Reply to
tiscali

There's 26 Ebayers watching it currently, auction ends tomorrow night. If it breaks £500 it's sold. If it doesn't break the starting price I'll have to consider keeping it on SORN for the time being rather than giving it away for nowt.

Reply to
tiscali

Fair enough, what sort of state is the boot floor in etc?

Reply to
Nige

Don't know not sure where to look or what to look for.

Reply to
tiscali

Under the carpet, near the door, is it rotten & lift the plastic off the top off the rear bumper, is it rotten under there?

Chances are it will be on possibly both accounts, if so, at that age it's scrap matey. No offence meant.

Reply to
Nige

No offence taken. Guess I'll have to be brave and lift up the rear carpet to check in the daylight! If it's rusty and no-one wants it I'll probably make more money breaking it up and selling the bits anyway. Just more effort involved and the end of an era.

hmmm lets guestimate the price of the bits selling for spares......

Steering box £ Tyres/wheels £ Seats £ Wiper motor £ Engine/carbs £ Gearbox £ Transfer box £ Rubber mats £ Radiator £ Brakes & discs £ Instrument cluster £ Registration number £ Heater £ Radio £ Petrol tank £

Reply to
tiscali

Obviously used by the sea Nige, so no doubt will be rusty just about everywhere a LR can be.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

near the door, is it rotten & lift the plastic off

Okay I did a quick check under the carpet near the back door this=20 morning and all I could see was red paint, no rust. There's a small=20 amount of corrosion on top of the rear bumper just under the number=20 plate.

So it's not scrap.

Matey.

:-)

Reply to
tiscali

On 30 Jan, 08:31, Matthew Maddock wrote: .Obviously used by the sea Nige, so no doubt will be rusty just about

Used by the sea? I live in Weston-super-Mare! The tide is never in I couldn't be further from the sea :-)

Reply to
tiscali

On or around Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:30:41 -0000, "tiscali" enlightened us thusly:

You'll find rust, undoubtedly. Question is how much. rust on the boot floor is normal, holes are a different matter.

Reply to
Austin Shackles