Re: Dodge is like a Carriage with a DEAD HORSE!!

I've had 6-7 Chrysler products since the mid '80's and have had the same experience...very trouble free rides. Hard to say if that is typical though.

Now having said that, I did just have to have the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors replaced on my 2004 Sebring. One had failed, but apparently the PCM can only tell the mechanic that one failed, but not which one. So, warranty replaced both.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Wish my experiances were so good. 87 caravan, often poorly starts, lots of electrical problems (at night when you put the lights on, the indicators and full beam lamps come on, and all guages tip to max, no dashboard light) and generally doesn't run well (won't always go into gear, often has problems moving away, will kick down and do nothing0 even the ancillary equipmentisn't great (in the past 6 months i've had to replace the drivers side wiper 6 times, because it comes off the screen and breaks, when used over 50mph. The lenses are so cloudy, that main beam is half the range of my similarly aged civic on dipped.All second hand parts are the same - and its $100 each for a new lens. I aint een giong to go into the poor interior fit+finish, the pannels dropping off, rattling etc.

My wifes work van, a 96 T+C - Its on its 3rd transmission and THAT ONE going. I took it to the store at 3am last night, wouldn't go into gear (any gear) below 2900rpmInterior lights don't work, headlights are dim even in compaison (again) to my 88 civic.

both these vehicles have done about 160,000 miles. My civics done

230,000. Guess which ones I have to work on? I have similar age cars, in the UK as well. An Austin Metro, and a low-end volvo. Neither require anywhere near the maintaince of either of these vehicles. in fact, the maintaince of all 3 is less than on ONe of the dodges.
Reply to
flobert