4X4 light indicator

My 92' Ram 150 4x4 light does not work. Took out the bulb and put in back in and it worked just fine. After I got everything back on the dash the light don't work. Took the bulb out again and replaced it
with a new one and still nothen. Is there somekind of a "switch" that triggers the light to come on? Or what can be wrong?
Thanks

When you first turn the vehicle on, there is a lamp test and all the dash indicator lights come on.

My 4x4 light never lights up on the lamp test.
Trent wrote:

If it's like other vehicles I've had you might try cleaning the contacts on both the instrument panel and the bulb socket. A standard pencil eraser does a good job. Also adjust (i.e. bend) the tabs on the socket to ensure a good contact with the instrument panel printed circuit.

The 4x4 light works now, must be a lose connection somewhere, thanks to all who helped.