abs light

Hi ,all. I have a 98 Ram1500 4x4,5.9,auto. This morning the brake and ABS light didnt go off,any ideas? Thanks in advance for any information. Elden

Reply to
el jr64

The best thing would be to get it scanned and have the diagnostic codes. If you don't want to do that, my '97 Dakota had the same problem and I replaced the speed sensor that is on the differential housing. The lights went out.

Your MMV.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

most of the time its the speed sensor in the rear axle housing.

but as posted you may want to have the codes pulled just to be sure.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Just remember that the standard code reader will not pull those codes.

Reply to
TBone

That is correct. I went to have pads and shoes replaced on my '95 4x4 (hadn't been done in ages) just to see if it made any difference and the brake shop said they were fine. Tried pulling up the code and no luck. He said that 99% of the time it is a rear wheel speed sensor. He ordered one and will do it on my next oil change/lube as he also does all my regular maintainence too. Brakes are fine and it is not a really dangerous situation because even on emergency stops, it seems to stop normally. I belive the price quote he gave me was about $35-40.00 installed.

Ed

Reply to
Ed M.