ABS Light 98 Jimmy

Get your truck read with an ABS code reader. It will tell you which code is stored and should point you to the problem.

Reply to
80 Knight

The ABS light came on today while driving my 98 Jimmy. When I shut it off and restarted it was off but came on shortly after driving a couple blocks.

I have no idea what to look for. Any ideas.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Thanks I will go tomorrow.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Reply to
Shep

I am hoping a local brake shop can read them.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Scan showed car was going 3 mph at a stand still. It shows right front sensor. I had changed this wheel hub 8 months ago. It came with a one year warranty so parts will be covered. Hopefully that will clear it.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

My ABS problem ended up being the speed sensor in the front right side wheel bearing hub. I had changed this last June with a new part from Auto Zone. It was covered by warranty. I was told they have had many returned with the same problem. The cable was worn at the point where it is attached to the frame. The wire was bare and one was broke.

Just a warning if you purchased a wheel bearing hub from AZ you could be due for problems. I am slow to learn but I think its time to stop buying from AZ.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Congrats on finding your problem. Here in Canada, we have 'Canadian Tire', which from what I assume, is our version of your 'AutoZone'. I used to buy there parts all the time, but now-a-days I almost always use Napa parts, as the quality seems to be much better.

Reply to
80 Knight