Happy New Year

Page 1 of 2
To everybody that's not here anymore... .....
Denny

Thank you, and Happy New Year to you and yours too.
FMB (North Mexico)

Could you believe it.. No posts in here for damn near a week.. I got thinking everybody died..... <BG>
Denny
Denny wrote:

Happy New Year to all a yinz!
Everybody didn't die.
It does look like Dodge is not long for this world.
I watch some movies, specials and marathons during my time off for the holidays. I saw advertising from every car and truck manufacturer in the world except one.
JAM

OTOH, maybe nobody's Dodge is requiring fixing and therefore don't come here except to make fun of the Rabbit.
My '03 2500 HO 4WD is doing great except for the clutch. Looking for an OEM replacement now for a good price.
BTW, where is that Dakota driving ex-Californian turned Mexican? Making more sawdust and slivers out of perfectly good wood?
FMB (North Mexico)
FMB wrote:

My 2002 Dakota, 4.7L 2WD lemon, is falling apart at 124000 miles.
I've been driving Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler for over 35 years.
If Chrysler goes under, should I buy a new Ford or a Chevy?
JAM

Mine isn't a lemon, but it is wearing out. First clutch in 182k miles. If I were to look for another, I sure would like to put another straight 6 into a nice body that won't fall apart, maybe a Ford?
FMB (North Mexico)

om...
If Chrysler goes under, I'm keeping my ole Dodge for another 10 years. There will still be parts around for them.
Second choice will be a GMC. I kinda felt a little bile in my throat when I typed that but it is what it is. That rear wheel steering from a few years back wasn't such a good idea but the rest of the truck seems good. At least you don't have to lift the cab up a foot if you need to get to the cyl heads.
Denny

If Chrysler goes under, I'm keeping my ole Dodge for another 10 years. There will still be parts around for them.
Second choice will be a GMC. I kinda felt a little bile in my throat when I typed that but it is what it is. That rear wheel steering from a few years back wasn't such a good idea but the rest of the truck seems good. At least you don't have to lift the cab up a foot if you need to get to the cyl heads.
Denny
I gotta disagree with you my pudgy buddy.
Ford imo for some reason seem to hold up better than the GM offering. The plugs have been a problem along with head r&r but the plug problem seems to have been addressed. The quality control appears to be a lot better regards the interior, again imo. The one negative thing I've heard a lot about is the diesel. Four friends of mine up north and three here have had major internal problems with them. All under 40K on them so warranty covered it. But the down times was lengthy.
One other thing for what it's worth. Most of pick up plow trucks I've seen are Dodge or Ford, not many GM's. There has to be a reason for that.
Roy

.com...
I'm glad. I'd scare me if we agreed on anything... <BG<

There's lots of GM's with plows around here. I think it's back to what part of the country you're talking about. Remember all those trip edge Fishers you used to tell me about?? I'd never seen one till you fed me that awful fish dinner that evening... <VBG>
Denny

I'm glad. I'd scare me if we agreed on anything... <BG<

There's lots of GM's with plows around here. I think it's back to what part of the country you're talking about. Remember all those trip edge Fishers you used to tell me about?? I'd never seen one till you fed me that awful fish dinner that evening... <VBG>
The awful fish dinner that you wolfed down, then wrestled your daughter for her's. Must have been real horrible.<BFG>
I forgot you guy's out there use those light weight things that the whole blade falls over. <G>
Roy
Denny

ps.com...
"Real" fish comes from the Golden Arches encased in a soft bun and tartar sauce...... <G>
I was just browsing Springfields custom shop to get an idea of how much $$$ I gotta make plowing snow this year. I may as well just buy a new one for the few mods I'd like to make on this one. I guess the holster wear just gives it a bit of "character".
Denny
wrote in message
Big snip>>>>>>

"Real" fish comes from the Golden Arches encased in a soft bun and tartar sauce...... <G>
You wouldn't know a real fish if it smacked ya. Christ! The connesuar of WC now is a fish expert! WTF!! <VBG>
I was just browsing Springfields custom shop to get an idea of how much $$$ I gotta make plowing snow this year. I may as well just buy a new one for the few mods I'd like to make on this one. I guess the holster wear just gives it a bit of "character".
It really dosen't matter what you buy. Julie is a much better shot than you!!!!! <GBMFG>
Denny
Roy

Ford F350 SuperDuty.
PeterD wrote:

I was thinking more on the lines of a 150, V8, 2WD, limited slip diff, bed over 6'.
JAM
Suddenly, without warning, j-rod exclaimed (12/31/2009 8:21 PM):

I'd get a Ford, since they managed to avoid the bailout by actually working to improve their products. What a concept, eh?
I still love my old 2001 Dakota, and hope to never have to buy another truck :)
and Happy New Years to everyone. Just an hour to go, here.
jmc

I have a '99 Dakota with the 5.2L 4WD extended cab. 230k, still runs well, but the tranny has problems shifting from 2nd to 3rd when cold. They are good trucks.
If Dodge goes under before I replace it, I'll probably go for a Ford. They improved their product a LOT to avoid taking gov't funds, and the trucks have always been pretty solid...
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

And, I'm just waiting for my cookies!
Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (12/31/2009 10:56 PM):

Sorry, Hubby and I ate them all.
Happy New Year anyway!
jmc

You are supposed to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same to you and your's.

Roy