head lights

it doesn't take much for people to show there stupidity.the power module and front deck controls the light format,high beam on low beam and fog lights are off.it's written in the computers logic.as far as
slowing down, @ 4am you cant go over 45mph you will end up with a deer for a hood emblem.all i wanted to know was has anyone converted a 2002 to a dual head light configuration.

Your lights are controlled by the computor????

You'd be surprized what all is module controlled. Have somebody sit in your hotrod and press the brake pedal while you stand behind to watch the lights. Notice which brake light comes on first....
Denny

I'd guess the third. but the hi low beam? Thought that was a function of the switch.
Roy

The switch is an input to the bcm which sends the signal to the fcm which runs each individual lamp. With the starscan, you can look at each individual lamp to see if it's on.
Denny

Okay, so now what does he do with the flasher that shuts off early?
Roy

Never mind. The trailer had 2 lights on each side. Eliminated one per side and all is fine.
See ya can learn every day. But learning from the Rabbit........
Thanks pal.
Roy

Well, don't thank too much cause I didn't have alot of luck finding anything today. Could find nothing in techconnect about reprogramming for the higher load. Didn't have a chance to hook the scanner to a magnum to see if I could find anything to flip. Did ask a few of the guys to see if they had ever ran into this and one of them thought an extra module had to be connected to the trailer wiring at the connector. This module came from the local U-Haul outlet and was for this particular problem. He couldn't say much else about it tho.
So how's that for playing stupid?????? Really not much playing about it... There, I beat ya to it...
Denny
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:49:51 -0400, Denny wrote:

I'd say it was better than the average "dumbguy"
sorry fellas, with recent plays on names i couldn't pass that one up.
Chris
05 CTD

Is this only on the newer models? My 99 1500 switch was overheating (could smell it) when I tried to wire in 4 headlights. I had put a newer style fron assembly with 4 bulbs dremeled out to have hi/low beams installed in all 4 holes.

Yes - all references to computer-controlled lights apply to 3rd Gen trucks ('02+ 1500's, '03+ 2500/3500's)