Keyless Entry

Anyone know if keyless entry was an standard/optional/available on the 1996 3500's? My owners manual doesn't say anything about it, and of course my truck didn't come with any pads (bought used). If it was
installed, I have some old pads from a Durango we owned. Should be able to reprogram to open the new 3500 correct?
-Darren
This wasn't standard, but was an option. I would need your VIN to verify if your truck has RKE. The remotes may or may not work but will need to be programed to your truck if they are compatable. the part # off the back will tell me that.
Cool! I will get both the VIN and remote PN tonight (I'm at work and have the truck but not the remotes.)
-Darren
okay, here's the info:
VIN: 3B7MF33W5TM114594 remote PN: 04686481AC
Thanks
-Darren
kirbyator wrote:

It didn't come with RKE. but heres the option sheet for your truck.
Code Description Code Description Code Description APAS MONOTONE PAINT BCQS 750 AMP MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY BKCS 13X3.5 REAR DRUM BRAKES CGTS DRIVER AIR BAG ONLY CSPS PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLE DGPS 4-SPD. AUTOMATIC 47RE TRANSMISSION DHAS LOCK-UP TORQUE CONVERTER DHGS SHIFT-ON-THE-FLY,241HD TRANSFER CASE DJFS DANA M60/248MM FRONT AXLE DRLS DANA M80 REAR AXLE EAAC ALL ENGINES GACS TINTED GLASS WINDOWS GBBS TINTED WINDSHIELD GLASS GCBS FRONT DOOR TINTED GLASS GPVS POWER 6 X 9 BLACK HEATED MIRRORS GVBC ALL VEHICLES W/POWER MIRRORS HGBS DASH LINER INSULATION JCBS 120 MPH PRIMARY SPEEDOMETER JHAS VAR INTERMITTENT WINDSHIELD WIPERS JJAS CIGAR LIGHTER LMAS HALOGEN HEADLAMPS LNCS CLEARANCE LAMPS MFDS BRIGHT GRILLE MHAS BLACK WINDSHIELD MOLDINGS MWDS REMOVABLE TAILGATE W/CALIPER LATCHES NBKS EVAP CONTROL SYSTEM NFVS 35 GALLON FUEL TANK QX8S BLACK CLEAR COAT RAAC ALL RADIO EQUIPPED VEHICLES SBAS VARIABLE ASSIST POWER STEERING SFBS FRONT HEAVY DUTY SHOCK ABSORBERS SGBS REAR HEAVY DUTY SHOCK ABSORBERS SHAS FRONT STABILIZER BAR TBBS FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE WDDS 16X6 STEEL W/BRIGHT SKINS WHEELS WLAS DUAL REAR WHEELS WLBS STEEL SPARE WHEEL WLYC ALL STEEL WHEELS XBSS PICKUP BOX XCMS SUPPLIER - SWEPTLINE BOX - PEMSA YAAS BUILD TO U S MARKET SPECIFICATIONS Z8BS GVW RATING - 11000# 1AAS U.S. DEALER RETAIL 172S ZONE 72-PORTLAND 4KZS 4X4 TRACKING
648S WASHINGTON STATE CODE 948S WASHINGTON STATE CODE
Optional Equipment
Code Description Code Description Code Description *P1 PREMIUM CLOTH 40/20/40 BENCH SEAT -D5 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE ADAP LIGHT GROUP ADJP HEAVY DUTY SERVICE GROUP AHC TRAILER TOW GROUP AJKP CONVENIENCE GROUP AJPP POWER CONVENIENCE GROUP ASPP SLT DECOR GROUP AWK TRAVEL CONVENIENCE GROUP BAZP 136 AMP ALTERNATOR BGK 4-WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKES CBEP 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEAT CHEP DELUXE HEADLINER CKEP FLOOR COVERING CARPET CLAP FRONT FLOOR MATS CSRP PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLES CUNP OVERHEAD CONSOLE W/TEMP COMPASS DGB ALL 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS DMF 4.10 AXLE RATIO DSA ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE EWA 8.0L V10 MPI ENGINE GFD REAR SLIDING WINDOW GNKP REAR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR GNMP PASSENGER SIDE SUN VISOR W/MIRROR HAAP AIR CONDITIONING HGAP HOOD INSULATION JAYP INSTRUMENT CLUSTER W/TACH JJBP DUAL NOTE ELECTRIC HORNS JJJP 12V AUXILIARY POWER OUTLET JPAP POWER WINDOWS JPBP POWER LOCKS JPS POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT JRDP POWER DRIVER SEAT KRSP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE KTSP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE K1XP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE K17P BODYSIDE MOLDING LAAP IGNITION TIME DELAY LAMP LBAP MAP/COURTESY LAMP LBCP GLOVE BOX LAMP LDAP UNDERHOOD LAMP LNJ FOG LAMPS LPEP CARGO LAMP MBFP BRIGHT REAR BUMPER MCTP BRIGHT FRONT BUMPER
MDAP FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET MPBP BLACK TAILGATE APPLIQUE MXB FRONT AIR DAM MXCP FRONT BUMPER SIGHT SHIELDS NAA FEDERAL EMISSIONS NHBP AUXILIARY TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER NHMP SPEED CONTROL NMCP HEAVY DUTY ENGINE COOLING PX8A BLACK CLEAR COAT RBR AM/FM COMPACT DISC RADIO RCEP INFINITY SPEAKERS RDDP FIXED LONG MAST ANTENNA SCVP LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL SUAP TILT STEERING COLUMN TBMP TIRE CARRIER WINCH TV2 LT215/85R16E BSW ON/OFF ROAD TIRES TZAP GOODYEAR BRAND TIRES WMGP BRIGHT WHEEL SKINS WMJP CENTER HUB XEFP TRANSFER CASE SKID PLATE SHIELD YGEA 5 ADDITIONAL GALLONS OF GAS YHAP PORT INSTALLED ZHRP SPRING - LEFT REAR ZJFP SPRING - LEFT FRONT ZWRP SPRING - RIGHT REAR ZXFP SPRING - RIGHT FRONT 2TGA CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2TG 28G CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 28G 3VTA CUSTOMER PREFERRED DISCOUNT 4XQP PICKUPS AIR BAG TRACKING 6F2 PAINT ORDER CODE
Thanks a lot for the option sheet breakdown. I was curious it had limited slip, guess so!
-Darren

When we bought our 01 Dakota, it had keyless entry but no fobs... they gave us 3 fobs from another truck and we checked with Dodge about getting them programmed for our truck, and the bottom line was that it was less expensive to just have a real alarm installed and use the fobs that came with the alarm..
We have the factory crap on our ram and all it's good for is unlocking doors and making the little light blink... It's an "entry" alarm, which means that it makes our horn honk AFTER they break into the truck..
Mac
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:18:17 -0700, gunbunny31 wrote:

Any chance you could check my VIN also? 3B7KF23C3TM129151
No RKE either.
Standard Equipment
Code Description Code Description Code Description ADJS HEAVY DUTY SERVICE GROUP AHLS HEAVY DUTY INSULATION GROUP BAZS 136 AMP ALTERNATOR BGJS PWR DISC/DRUM RR ANTI-LOCK BRAKES BKBS REAR DRUM BRAKES CGTS DRIVER AIR BAG ONLY CSPS PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLE CXDS TRIM PARTS FOR DIESEL ENGINE DGPS 4-SPD. AUTOMATIC 47RE TRANSMISSION DHAS LOCK-UP TORQUE CONVERTER DHHS SHIFT-ON-THE-FLY, 241 TRANSFER CASE DJFS DANA M60/248MM FRONT AXLE DMDS 3.55 AXLE RATIO DRES DANA M70/267MM REAR AXLE EAAC ALL ENGINES GACS TINTED GLASS WINDOWS GBBS TINTED WINDSHIELD GLASS GCBS FRONT DOOR TINTED GLASS GVBC ALL VEHICLES W/POWER MIRRORS HGBS DASH LINER INSULATION HGDS DELUXE INSULATION GROUP JAYS INSTRUMENT CLUSTER W/TACH JCBS 120 MPH PRIMARY SPEEDOMETER JHAS VAR INTERMITTENT WINDSHIELD WIPERS JJAS CIGAR LIGHTER LMAS HALOGEN HEADLAMPS MFDS BRIGHT GRILLE MHAS BLACK WINDSHIELD MOLDINGS NBLS DELETE EVAP CONTROL SYSTEM NFVS 35 GALLON FUEL TANK NHKS ENGINE BLOCK HEATER NZAS DIESEL EMISSIONS RAAC ALL RADIO EQUIPPED VEHICLES SBAS VARIABLE ASSIST POWER STEERING SFBS FRONT HEAVY DUTY SHOCK ABSORBERS SGBS REAR HEAVY DUTY SHOCK ABSORBERS SHAS FRONT STABILIZER BAR TBBS FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE WLBS STEEL SPARE WHEEL WLYC ALL STEEL WHEELS XBSS PICKUP BOX XCMS SUPPLIER - SWEPTLINE BOX - PEMSA YAAS BUILD TO U S MARKET SPECIFICATIONS Z7BS GVW RATING - 8800# 1AAS U.S. DEALER RETAIL 162S ZONE 62-HOUSTON 4KZS 4X4 TRACKING 644S TEXAS STATE CODE 944S TEXAS STATE CODE
Optional Equipment
Code Description Code Description Code Description *P1 PREMIUM CLOTH 40/20/40 BENCH SEAT -D5 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE ADAP LIGHT GROUP AJKP CONVENIENCE GROUP AJPP POWER CONVENIENCE GROUP APCA CENTER BAND TWO TONE PAINT ASPP SLT DECOR GROUP AWK TRAVEL CONVENIENCE GROUP BCQP 750 AMP MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY CBEP 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEAT CHEP DELUXE HEADLINER CKEP FLOOR COVERING CARPET CLAP FRONT FLOOR MATS CSRP PASSENGER ASSIST HANDLES CUNP OVERHEAD CONSOLE W/TEMP COMPASS DGB ALL 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS DSA ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE ETB 5.9L I6 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL ENGINE GNKP REAR VIEW AUTO DIM MIRROR GNMP PASSENGER SIDE SUN VISOR W/MIRROR GPPP POWER 6 X 9 BRIGHT MIRRORS HAAP AIR CONDITIONING HGAP HOOD INSULATION JJBP DUAL NOTE ELECTRIC HORNS JJJP 12V AUXILIARY POWER OUTLET JPAP POWER WINDOWS JPBP POWER LOCKS JPS POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT JRDP POWER DRIVER SEAT KBHP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE KRBP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE KTBP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE K1XP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE K17P BODYSIDE MOLDING LAAP IGNITION TIME DELAY LAMP LBAP MAP/COURTESY LAMP LBCP GLOVE BOX LAMP LDAP UNDERHOOD LAMP LNC CLEARANCE LAMPS LPEP CARGO LAMP MBFP BRIGHT REAR BUMPER MCTP BRIGHT FRONT BUMPER
MDAP FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET MPBP BLACK TAILGATE APPLIQUE MWDP REMOVABLE TAILGATE W/CALIPER LATCHES MXB FRONT AIR DAM MXCP FRONT BUMPER SIGHT SHIELDS NHBP AUXILIARY TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER NHMP SPEED CONTROL NMCP HEAVY DUTY ENGINE COOLING PCHA BRILLIANT BLUE PEARL COAT QFAA LIGHT DRIFTWOOD SATIN GLOW RASP AM/FM CASSETTE RADIO RCDP 4 SPEAKERS RDDP FIXED LONG MAST ANTENNA SCVP LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL SUAP TILT STEERING COLUMN TBMP TIRE CARRIER WINCH TYN LT245/75R16E OWL ALL SEASON TIRES TZAP GOODYEAR BRAND TIRES WDCP 16X6.5 CHROME WHEELS WMJP CENTER HUB XEFP TRANSFER CASE SKID PLATE SHIELD YGAA WITHOUT BILLABLE FUEL ZGRP SPRING - LEFT REAR ZJHP SPRING - LEFT FRONT ZVRP SPRING - RIGHT REAR ZXGP SPRING - RIGHT FRONT 2THA CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2TH 2YH CUATOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2YH 3VUA CUSTOMER PREFERRED DISCOUNT 4EA SOLD VEHICLE 4XQP PICKUPS AIR BAG TRACKING 6C2 PAINT ORDER CODE
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:59:41 -0700, gunbunny31 wrote:

Thanks very much for checking.
Jim