Upper ball joint removal 1990 dakota V6

I have a 1990 dodge Dakota, 195,000 miles. I have the upper right control arm off with the upper ball joint still attached. Unsure how to remove it.
New ball joint looks to be threaded but not sure if it's a press fit. To remove the old ball joint, what is needed? A special socket or just heat up and beat out?
I would look at the top of the old ball joint. If it has the same shape as your threaded one (sides cut to fit a socket), I would say that it is a safe bet that it is threaded as well.
"neverdiedodge" < snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com> wrote in message
sides are cut on top of new upper ball joint just as the old one. But the threads don't exactly look like they are screw. Thought is to heat up the control arm near the ball joint and knock it out. No socket with 4 corners available at napa, Auto Zone or Advance to fit. New joint is same as old. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated
i would try a press first! heat and beat is extream.
--
Billy K
95 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4