fiat brava crank sensor

my crank sensor has failed on my 1995 brava 1.4. Is it a difficult job to replace, was easy on my old tipo cannot find it on the brava1

Probably UNDER the cam belt cover.
Nick /////

on the

It's a pain as the timing belt and pulley has to come off, as the sensor is located behind it on the end of the crankshaft if memory serves correctly.
Hellraiser...........>

Or camshaft, even :)
Hellraiser...........>
Thanks for all the replies! On the 1.4 it was situated just under the starter-motor, access underneath the car. Took around 15 mins to replace...
chris1945nospam wrote:

According to the Haynes book, the Crankshaft TDC/engine RPM sensor "is mounted at the flywheel end of the engine, to the rear. Access to the sensor may be found easier from below."
From the diagram in the book it looks to be slightly in front of and at 5 o'clock of the flywheel (looking from the flywheel end)
Hope this helps
--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address

Another Dave wrote:

By which I mean on the crankshaft side of the flywheel :-(
Another Dave
--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address

Isn't that for the Tipo?
Hellraiser..........>
Hellraiser wrote:

The title of the book is "Fiat Bravo and Brava 1995 to 2000".
The description is for the 1.4 engine as asked for by the OP.
Another Dave
--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address

LOL, ok, just sounded exactly like it did on the Tipo that's all :) Having had the problem on my old 1.6, I was a little alarmed to find out that it lurks behind the camshaft pulley on my newly acquired 1.8 Bravo, so here's hoping it doesn't fail any time soon :(
Hellraiser..........>