Fiat Ducato Diesel Filter Change

Hi,
does anyone have any advice on changing the fuel filter on a Ducato 2.8jTD.
The Fiat manual on CD says to remove the air filter and then the whole fuel
filter assembly before holding it in a vice and then unscrewing the filter itself.
Am I likely to get any problems when restarting - is there a procedure to refill and bleed the new filter.
TIA
Alan
Add pictures here
✖
"Alan" wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone have any advice on changing the fuel filter on a > Ducato 2.8jTD. > > The Fiat manual on CD says to remove the air filter and then > the whole fuel > filter assembly before holding it in a vice and then > unscrewing the filter > itself. > > Am I likely to get any problems when restarting - is there a > procedure to > refill and bleed the new filter. > > > TIA > > Alan
I tried changing the diesel fuel filter (called somewhat optimistically ’easy change’ on the box) on my Ducato 2.5 TDI but found it was so tight that the chain wrench just distorted the filter casing. Your info could just be right! I’m going to try again with a strap wrench which may grip better.
As for bleeding, in the process of trying to remove the filter, I removed the ’water in fuel’ sensor which drained the filter and some pipework. Afterwards, I just turned the engine over with the accelerator flat to the floor and it started and ran after a couple of attempts.
Let me know what success you have with removing the filter.
John
✖