Fiat Marea Stereo system (same as Brava)

The lights in the stereo system (AD182H2) in my Marea stay on sometimes, even when the radio is off and the car locked. Has anyone experienced this problem or
have any idea where the fault may be. I had to take the unit out to stop it draining the battery. Any suggestions welcome.