fiat brava crank sensor

my crank sensor has failed on my 1995 brava 1.4. Is it a difficult job to replace, was easy on my old tipo cannot find it on the brava1

Reply to
chris1945nospam

Probably UNDER the cam belt cover.

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

It's a pain as the timing belt and pulley has to come off, as the sensor is located behind it on the end of the crankshaft if memory serves correctly.

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Or camshaft, even :)

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

According to the Haynes book, the Crankshaft TDC/engine RPM sensor "is mounted at the flywheel end of the engine, to the rear. Access to the sensor may be found easier from below."

From the diagram in the book it looks to be slightly in front of and at

5 o'clock of the flywheel (looking from the flywheel end)

Hope this helps

Reply to
Another Dave

By which I mean on the crankshaft side of the flywheel :-(

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Isn't that for the Tipo?

Hellraiser..........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

The title of the book is "Fiat Bravo and Brava 1995 to 2000".

The description is for the 1.4 engine as asked for by the OP.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

LOL, ok, just sounded exactly like it did on the Tipo that's all :) Having had the problem on my old 1.6, I was a little alarmed to find out that it lurks behind the camshaft pulley on my newly acquired 1.8 Bravo, so here's hoping it doesn't fail any time soon :(

Hellraiser..........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Thanks for all the replies! On the 1.4 it was situated just under the starter-motor, access underneath the car. Took around 15 mins to replace...

Reply to
chris1945nospam