Fiat Punto Sporting MK2 - Exhaust

Hi,
I got a small leak on my Punto sporting's exhaust, I've been told to replace it - (2 stages) that the cost will be 185 - my car is approx 4 years old and it looks like it's just down to rust more then anything -
does this sound reasonable charge for exhaust and fitting for greater London area?

4 years is not so bad for a modern exhaust! I had a part of my exhaust (silencer on the back of the car) replaced when my Punto Sporting (2000) was about 4 years old. My Fiat-garage ordered only the rear silencer (although the original factory fit exhaust is in one part!) and a joining, cut the exhaust in two just before the rear silencer and added the joining between the "old" original part and the new replacement. The first original part of the exhaust is still in good condition after almost 5 years! And yes, they rust from the inside, due to condensation. I'm sorry i can't inform you about prices, if i remember well the part i got fit was about 200 euro, all included. Greetings, E-Cie.
Dee wrote:

No replies??
Anyway just to update - I fixed the problem in baout 10 minutes with about 2 worth of Gun Gum!!
Also drove the car on a 100 mile journey last night and it's fine.

I did not reply? How will you call my "10 lines of text" then? ;-)
E-Cie gebruikte het klavier om te schrijven :

Maybe the OP needs to reconfigure his/her newsreader :-)
--
Grt. Frank
Email frank@usenet4all dot com

Maybe you got a point here...;-)
E-Cie wrote:

Sorry my ISP is playing up on newsgroup - thanks for the reply!!
where do you live to pay in Euros?
schreef in bericht

OK! No harm done ;-). I live in The Netherlands, by the way. Hope this answers your question. Cheers, E-Cie.