front brakes on 2000 Firehawk

As I get close to needing my first set of brake work, I am debating upgrading the front brakes on my Firehawk. Does anyone have some reasonably priced upgrades that would make a performance difference?
Thanks!
Please replace the "NoSpam" with "MCI" in my email address in order to reply. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe Granto snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com Senior Engineer Intel Engineering,MCI
"Joe Granto"

i would change the front rotors to a good after market. the factory rotors are cheap and warp easy.
-- http://edmontonssin.no-ip.com http://gopherhunt.no-ip.com
--
I am the darkest creation of god

I also have a 2000 Firehawk...
I had 27,000 miles on mine before I needed new brakes. I thought this was a bit early since I just put brakes on my 1998 Trans Am for the first time and it's got 63,000 miles on it. And (yes, I own a Ford too) my 1995 Thunderbird didn't need brakes till 55,000 miles.
So, I'm wondering how many miles you had on your Firehawk before you had to get the brakes done?
Also, as for upgrading the brakes, I didn't do anything to my Firehawk, but I used a Baer brake system on my '98 TA. I replaced everything (front and back). The difference was AMAZING. Now, it was a bit pricey, but it was also well worth it.
Since your message is several months old, I'm guessing you already did something about the brakes. What did you go with?
I would have replied sooner, but I only just started using newsgroups!
Myz

Myzyri spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
Hey Myzyri, are you the same guy who was here a few years ago?
NOI
Yup, that's me!
And to think I was trying to sneak back in... LOL
How ya been?!

Myzyri wrote:

OK. It's been a while since I've see you around. Hope you and the woman are fine...
NOI