Front brakes on a 2000 9-3

It's time to replace the front brakes on my Saab. I bought it used and it always felt that the rotors needed to be turned, but the problem got worse recently and I've just decided to replace the rotors along with the pads.

Would it be a good time to replace front wheel bearings as well? What all is involved? I haven't done any work on a Saab, ever...most of my wrench-turning experience has been on an older full-size Chevy truck.

Thanks,

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Very few cases of wheel bearings going bad early. Skip it.

Brakes are easy, although it helps to have a book. If not, just make sure you note how the springs hold the pads in very closely before taking them out. Also, be very careful removing the rotor screw. Done correctly, even the oldest will come out... but it's easy to butcher them. Replace them on reassembly.

Reply to
still me