Removing Rusted Rotors & Drums

Hello...
I bought a whole new brake system, but its rather tricky getting the old drums and rotors off the hubs.
They are rusted on pretty tight, and I've tried penetrating lube with
no success.
No, I have not smacked them with a hammer...I do not want to mess up the bearings!
All help appreciated :o)
Cheers,
JeFF
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI

Smack em with a hammer...you cant hurt whats already shot.
On 15 May 2006 15:54:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Before you smack them with a hammer... Make sure that you back the star adjuster out on the drums, the slightest bit of wear will keep the drums from coming off.
As for the rotors...? They should only be held on by the rather large nut on the spindle with plenty of grease protecting it from the elements.
Of course this is assuming that you are talking about front disc and rear drum assemblies.
...Ron
-- 68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang