1997 Explorer steering tight

I have my dad's 1997 Explorer and have fixed a few things, brakes etc

but it has really stiff steering. The rack and ps pump were replace last year. The front drive shafts turn full time. The steering seem stiff from that. I'm used to my 94 Explorer with auto locking hubs. can't find anything anywhere that talks about auto-locking hubs on th

  1. What am I missing? Are these on all the time? If so, can convert it anyhow

-- Stewart Hill

Reply to
Stewart Hill