1997 Ford Explorer V6 SOHC

We have a problem with our 1997 Ford Explorer. The oil gauge suddenly drops to zero pressure when we make a right had turn, and the check gauge light comes on. When I straighten the vehicle out it goes back to normal. There is no problem with it when I start it or when it is running on the highway, just when I turn right.

Lately it has developled a rattling noise, which I have been told is a sticky tappet..

thanks for your help.

Reply to
J Abbey

or that rattling noise could you your chain tensioners going south, shredding and distributing throughout your engine. 97-01 SOHC v-6, built in St. Louis and Louisville KY are under an owner notification from Ford. My '00 is currently in the shop getting a new engine seeing as my timing chain jumped a few teeth due to a broken tensioner. Fortunately I have an extended warranty.

Reply to
Marc

It sounds to me like you are low on oil!

mike

Reply to
Mike020202

It sounds like you are low in oil!