$100 per hour

Page 2 of 2
I would have thought that "UAW" should have explained it.... How much are any of us willing to pay for putting tab A in slot B?
My only experience with trade unions was many years ago... I was forced to
quit my job. I wa ever so pleased that, once I joined the union, to have my old job back, at the same pay - less union dues.
Trade unions have become big business.... I'm willing to bet that many have lost their raison d'etre and are now simply on a quest for more members and higher pay for the board of directors...
wrote in message news:xGwPh.32660

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:15:09 GMT, "Jim Warman"

EASY: Liberals.
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:20:47 -0400, Bob Brown <.> wrote:

I think it's more due to there being multi-millions of people with AIDS compared to relatively few people with Crohns. There are perhaps a couple million people with Crohns but nearly 40 million with AIDs. About 3 million people a year die from AIDs. No matter how you slice the pie there will always be far more diseases needing a cure then money available to cure them all.

AIDS is caused by well documented and well published risky behavior. Crohns is not.
99% of Cancers are not the fault of the patient.
Why do we spend MORE money to research preventable disease than diseases that people get through no fault of their own.
ANSWER:Politics. Mainly LIBERALISM which thinks that if we don't spend enough on AIDS research it automatically means we hate gay people.
Don't follow the money, follow the politics.
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 00:14:52 -0400, Bob Brown <.> wrote:

You are correct that's it's "preventable" but it goes far beyond gay people getting it. Far more straight people get it then gays do on a world wide basis.
The millions with AIDS are in Africa where they mate whenever andwith whoever the urge strikes. They dont believe in condoms . In the US only homos and dopers get it today and we'd be better off without them

In the _United States_?
Researchers research what is fashionable (i.e. funded); 70 years ago it was methods of determining which race was the master race, these days it's AIDS. I'm 100% behind the guy that said "liberals" - Liberals direct the money towards AIDS. Even when liberals aren't in power, conservatives toss them the research dollars bone.
Diabetes, multiple sclerosis, prostate cancer, breast cancer, Lou Gehrig's, epilepsy, [...] - I could list a thousand diseases right here that can hit anyone tomorrow and CANNOT be avoided. Those are the diseases that ought to get the research dollars.
Contrast: except for a few relatively rare scenarios, avoiding AIDS in a first-world country is very simple; keep it zipped and don't shoot up drugs.