1986 ford ranger-transmission problem

i have a 6 cyl automatic, overdrive transmission the other day i was stuck in the snow spun my tires for about 15 minutes, i got pulled out but the guy started pulling me when my truck was still in
park. i heard the clicking from the parking pin, slapped it into gear when i started it up it would kick down as if it was going into gear, (the motor revvs down slightly) - checked the linkages everything was fine ie. shifter on floor still moves linkage and actuator, moved actuator manually (by hand underneath) -tapped the actuator bar with a hammer in case something might have been stuck from the pull while in park
my oil is fine, level, not burnt or discolored, doesnt smell and has no black particles in it the transmission was not smoking or anything, it wasnt behaving funny, no slipping or kicking
the truck is in superb mechanical condition up to this point and it seems as though it just stopped working after the pull from the ditch