1992 Towncar (Battery problems)

I have installed a new battery, starter and a new key switch. Problem that I keep having is that the battery keeps going dead and this was a problem before I replace the other three things. Might be 1 day and might
be 4 days but until the battery goes dead it starts and runs good. I have put a meter (0-400 scale) on to see if the battery had a draw on it but found nothing.

I bet your alternator is bad. Have it checked.
Jeff
I forgot to say that the battery goes dead when the car is off.

If the battery is going dead when the car is off, there is a current leak somewhere. Chances are it is outside the battery, especially if it happened with two batteries.
You can try disconnecting the battery at night and see if that fixes it.
Jeff
have your alternator checked. there are diodes in it that if they burn out, will drain the battery when sitting

Turkeybone wrote:

Your alternator is most likely undercharging the battery. INVEST in one of those cigar lighter plug-in voltmeter gauges for $14 or so to continuously monitor the charging voltage.
I had the alternator check and it check out ok. I've test for a draw but my meter shows none, unless it is happening at a different time. Battery is unhook for now to see if it will stay charged.