1994 TBird interior question

I've got a 1994 TBird that I'm trying to nurse from year to year ...
On the drivers door panel, there is a plastic sub-panel with window controls and door handle. Just behind that is a
decorative sub-panel covered with cloth that matches the seat upholstery. The cloth has come loose.
Trying to figure how the cloth was fastened, I pulled the door panel. The insulation (batting?) on the back of the panel was permanently fastened/stapled. I peeked behind it to see how the cloth sub-panel might be constructed: all I could see was a huge foam molding or somesuch.
Does anybody know how the cloth was originally fastened? How it could be re-fastened? How they design/install stuff like this is beyond my comprehension.
"The Devil has always been, is presently, and always will be ... in the details!".
TIA, Peetie
Typically stuff like this, the cloth is glued to a backing and fastened into place with clips of some sort, probably plastic in nature on your car. If the foam backing is soft foam like the kind used in cushions or headliner, the foam falls apart due to aging in about 10 +/- years, releasing its grip on the attached cloth. Only solution is to peel it all away,clean out and replace the foam, and reattach the cloth if in good condition. If in marginal condition seek alternative more creative solutions.

Typically - maybe. 1994 TBird - No.
Peetie