1995 Ford Aerostar Tranny Control Module?

I inherited my dad's 95 Ford Aerostar. The transmission slips when it's cold but once it warms up it runs very strong. It can climb San Francisco hills with no problem. Couple years ago a mechanic told my
dad that the control module needs replacing. Aparently, it's an electronic component that controls the engaging and disengaging of the gears. Does anyone know where it is on the transmision and if it's easily accessible? Thanks.

You do not need the control module, you have seals that are not sealing when the oil is cold.

Thomas,
I was told by a parts person that what i'm looking for is the automatic transmission modulator. I replaced it but i'm still haveing the problem.
Can you elaborate on the seals? Where/which one are they and what does it replacing entain. Thanks in advance.

the
Where does this "control modulator" fit?

Inside the transmission, basically you are looking at a total reseal or possibly an overhaul.