1995 Windstar Transmission rebuild mods ?

I have the opportunity to buy a very clean 1 owner 1995 Windstar with 112 k miles for $1,800 from a neighbor . Engine was replaced by Ford in 1999 at no cost to owner , transmission was rebuit last year
by local independent shop . I presume that the new Ford dealer installed engine will hold up but I am curious about the transmission . Do these transmissions ( ok transaxles) hold up better assume that updates and mods are do with the rebuilt - what at the weak links and What are the mods ? - any web URLS appreciated too - thanks
I like Fords, and I even know two different people who had Windstars that never failed in over 100k miles. However, I wouldn't touch a 1995 Windstar unless you gave it to me - and then I might ask for money to cover the disposal fee. However, I don't like minivans so that might be clouding my judgement. $1,800 seems like a good price. So, if you are confident that the transmission was rebuilt properly, I guess it is a good deal - but not for me.
Regards,
Ed White
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Hi I have a 96 Windstar and the motor nevr needed a rebuild only to haed gasket failure @ 177,000 kilos. The trans are weak but if its rebuilt you should be fine. Make sure you change antifreeze and thermostate at stated times. The van for 1,800 is not to bad. try to get him lowwer. Hope this helps any more probs email me Thanks Dave.
Hi, I have the same van and when Ford replaced the engine under the same conditions, the replacement engine was only warranteed for 2 years/24,000 miles. If the transmission shop is local, give them a call to see if they replaced the aluminum forward clutch piston with a steel one which the later transmissions had. For that money, it would be hard to go wrong. Other than those two problems, all the remaining problems are manageable. Good luck. Rich.