2001 Ford Taurus running problems

My daughter's Taurus problem is that when she drives her car, turns it off to run in somewhere fast and comes back out to restart her car, it wont start for at least 10 min. Also now, when it does start at times when she
starts to pull away it dies, just wondering if anyone might know what problem could be, she has had a mechanic put it on a machine and cannot find problem. Thanks
try cleaning or having idle air control valve cleaned.they have a tendency to stick.clean with carb spray.disconnect battery while performing this to reset adaptive strategy.
"" wrote: > try cleaning or having idle air control valve cleaned.they > have a tendency > to stick.clean with carb spray.disconnect battery while > performing this to > reset adaptive strategy.
We have a 2002 Taurus that runs when started cold but after we stop, turn the engine off and try to restart it does not want to start. It hasnt stalled yet but we anticipate it. The lights come on and stuff but nothing. Could this be the same thing? If so where is the air valve at? No book.
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:39:48 -0400, "jewls122760"

Someone here may be able to help you but, more info is needed.
1: Engine model 2: Miles 3: Check engine light on - ever been on? 4: Other symptoms/complaints? 5: Recent repairs? 6: Does it crank and not start or, completely dead, etc? 7: when does it most likely do this? 8: Weather conditions? 9: Associated sounds?
Give us enough info and someone here will probably have an answer for you.
Thanks Lugnut