2001 Ford Taurus

Our 2001 Ford Taurus has electronic locks on the doors. It seems these days when you try and unlock all the doors with the car remote or with the unlock all doors in the front, The back passenger door doesn't work. The front is sproradic. So now we have to do it manually. I can here it as if it wants to work but the lever doesnt seem to be catching to push it up or down.

Reply to
mano2k1

snipped-for-privacy@darlingtonschool-dot-org.no-spam.invalid (mano2k1) wrote in news:lO6dnRNR_8UNffjeRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Afraid a visual inspection is going to be needed.

Look for sticky solenoid measure voltage to solenoid with switch engaged

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

it's most likely the lockmotors(soleniods)themselves on a ford.the rubber boots rot and corrosion does the rest.

Reply to
oldkid

HI sorry to but in but I have the exact same problem with my 1999 Ford Taurus door locks. Where is the solonoid and is it hard or should I say really detailed to fix by a shade tree mechanic as myself?

Reply to
mgh44

I have the exact same problem with my 1999 Ford Taurus door locks. Where is the solonoid and is it hard or should I say really detailed to fix by a shade tree mechanic as myself? ______________________________________

What exact same problem do you mean?

Please include an edited copy of the original poster's inquiry above your response so other newsgroup readers can understand the problem and you can benefit from their knowledge. This is basic newsgroup courtesy.

Thank you.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan