2013 4 cyl. Escape - AC stops working

In this 2103 Escape, when hot, the a/c will stop working, when hot, and when idling at a traffic light.
Revving up the engine to about 1500 will get the air working after 20
seconds or so.
Dealer is baffled.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
AS

Bring it back to dealer and demand a loaner until they get it fixed! It should be under warranty, unless you've driven some hellacious miles in it :-)
--
SC Tom

the pressures will go up and the high pressure shut-off switch will open. Raising the idle speed gets more air through the condenser and drops the pressure, allowing the AC to restart???
Is there a single electric fan, 2 electric fans, one engine powered fan, or one engine powered and one electric fan???
I waited for about 8 weeks so the dealer would have an Escape loaner. After leaving the car with them, they could not reproduce the problem so they called me. I asked them to do the test of stopping the car, and having it idle. They reproduced the problem. Did all the "tests they would know of" and decided to send a report with all the data to Ford. I was asked to return the loaner while they got a reply from Ford.
This is the only Ford dealer in town.
This car has an engine powered fan.
Thanks for all your input.
AS
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Other than this problem, how do you like your Escape? I have been thinking of trading my '02 XLT in for a new one, but have hesitated for many reasons, the main one being mine is paid for, and a new one wouldn't be :-)
Do you have the Eco-Boost 4? Is the ride comfortable (I'm 6'2'' 180#)? How's the room in the storage area? Good mileage?
Sorry I can't help you with the AC. Ask your dealer if they would be willing to pick up the tab if you brought it to an AC shop for diagnosis.
--
SC Tom

day - see where the pressure goes. Either the pressure is going too high or the high shut-down switch is calibrated too low. Some are adjustable, but Not likely on a 2012. MIGHT be a problem with the viscous drive on the fan, too.