93 Mustang speedometer swap question

I swapped my 85mph speedo for a 140mph speedo. Will this affect the accuracy of the speedo? I'm asking if the speedometer gear at the transmission end of the cable has to be changed or if both 85 and 140 speedos would be accurate without doing anything else. thanks

Reply to
sanpablo

sanpablo opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

actually it used to be you could put a chevy speedo in a ford, prolly still can... just check your odo against 10 mile markers

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic