93 taurus battery is being drained

we have changed many parts on this car, it has a new battery, alternator and a starter. still something is causing the battery to drain. I am puzzled by this and i need your help. She cranks over and idles great but
if you take her down the road less than a mile and come back and turn it off she cranks over but wont start. We also added a new fuel filter and had the reley switch replace. If you jump it she will start right up. We had the battery tested and they said its all good. the starter and alternator were tested good readings. we also had a complete tune up and chaged all the orignal plugs and wires, rotor button and distributor cap. Im in desparte help if somene out there might have an idea or exactly thing is wrong please let me know thank you
"angelcent35" wrote:
Something is causing the (93 taurus) battery to drain.
Car has new battery, alternator, starter, fuel filter, relay switch, plugs and wires, rotor button and distributor cap, and a complete tuneup.
She cranks over and idles great but if you drive less than a mile and turn it off she cranks over but won't start. If you jump it she will start right up.
If anyone has an idea of what is wrong, please let me know thank you __________________________________________________________
If it cranks over after driving it, the battery was not drained.
Most likely sources of intermittent starting: defective ignition switch, failing ignition module, or poor electrical/battery connections.
If the tuneup was recent, ask if the mechanic will fix the problem for free as a quality warranty repair.
To get a better answer, describe the actual performance in detail, including what you did, what sounds and responses happened, and what fault codes your local Autozone store reads in a free check.
Good luck.
Rodan. ___________________________________________________________
we also replaced the ignition coil last week we thought that was the problem as well. We orignally started off with the battery because we got a bad reading from it. we drove it for about 2 weeks everything was fine. Then it started acting up again so we took it back to autozone and they said my alernator was only putting 9 volts. (130 amp alternator) it needed to be putting at least 13. So we replaced that. tested again it was ok. Still we was strained again. Wwe took it to the mechanics. they claim the couldnt find anything wrong that everytime she would start for them and the let her idle for hours shut her down and she would start. Drove the car home and went to start her back up and she wouldnt start. this car starts as long as you dont take it out for a drive. You can let it idle all day start it and up and turn it off and she starts everytime But as soon as you take her down the road and back she trys o start but doesnt fire up. Once she starts you can drive all you want there isnt no signs whle driving her that there is a problem she drives as normal just when you stop and turn the car off. its a mystery i guess i hate to get rid of it. we have alot of new parts on it. anymore suggestions let me know
start the car, drive it around for a while, ( however long it takes to get the no start condition) then take it to the mechanics . let them see it run, then shut it off and let them see it not start.

angelcent35 wrote:

You really have to define what NO START means. DOes it crank and not fire? Does not crank over at all? WHen you turn it off, are the head lights bright? Then what do the headlights do when you try to crank it?
The ignition TFI module is a potential problem. I had one coil go on my 93. If its turning over but not firing, you need to put a timing light on the plug wires and see if you got spark when its turning over.
Clean all battery cables and ground straps. I had one starter that would go intermittent on my 93. Bad solenoid on it.
Bob
-
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:15:54 -0400, "angelcent35"

It sounds like it is cranking but will not start. Since you have done some other things, you may need to check the battery ground cable where it is spliced for corrosion. This is located below the cover over the top of the radiator. The way the ground cable is installed, any water that runs down the cable as a result of driving in the rain will drip into the splice causing corrosion failure. The fix if this is the case is a new battery ground cable. The only decent ones I found are from the dealer and may be gold plated based on the cost. Make sure you use a good dielectric grease and pack the splice to prevent future problems. HTH
Good luck Lugnut