98 Windstar interior lights question

I would like to leave the side rear door of my 1998 Ford Windstar open without the interior lights staying on. I know on some mini-vans there is a switch to over-ride the "door open - lights on" situation.
Is there such a switch on the Windstar? Does anyone know of a way to make the van "think" the door is closed when in fact it is open?
Thanks for any suggestions. Glenn Lynn
my 99 has that option, just spin the wheel that sets the intensity of the dash lights till it clicks and the interior lights will shut off