98' Cherokee interior lights stay on

Last night my interior lights decided they won't go out. I ended up removing the dome light and the rear light just so I could drive. I take the fuse out when I park to keep the floor lights off but need to put it back to drive so I have power to my instrument panel. Any ideas what needs to be done?

TIA

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

L.W.(ßill)

my very first post on this group - "How do you turn on the damn interior lights ?" Did I feel a fool or what !

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Last night my interior lights decided they won't go out. I ended up : > removing the dome light and the rear light just so I could drive. I : > take the fuse out when I park to keep the floor lights off but need to : > put it back to drive so I have power to my instrument panel. Any : > ideas what needs to be done? : >

: > TIA : >

: > Ryan

Reply to
Dave Milne

Ryan, been there... Scroll down to "dome lights"... I'm 99% sure this is your problem.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Stick in a switch between the ground line that turns the light on and the reed switch in the latch.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hehe. there are a lot of things real Fords do. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego