Advice needed for modification

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL with the 16 inch tires.
I want to modify the suspension to improve on cornering ability. I want to do this because I happen to live on some pretty rugged terrain
and the highway that runs through my County is very twisty and sometimes I don't get adequate steering feedback from the car probably because it has power steering.
But the main concern is road holding abilities. Is it possible to install a front roll bar for better cornering? If I get stiffer shock absorbers like "Monroes" would that help any or would stiffer strut springs be needed too? Also I really don't want to mess with the ride height yet I'm open to all possibilities. Many high performance cars are sold stock with those wide and thin-walled high performance wheels/tires like some of the BWM sedans for instance. Would that make the biggest improvement?
I don't want to do a half assed job with this mod, I would rather get it done right the first time. And so I'm concerned about needing to recalibrate the speedometer/odometer if the wheels change in size.
I would like better cornering and tracking, at the same time maintaining ride comfort on the straightaway highways.
TIA!!!
On 31 Mar 2005 10:53:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

dont waste your time do an alignment put more positive castor in front and more positive camber in rear
hurc ast

The Alignment is fine, no problems there - the tires are not wearing out unevenly and the car tracks perfectly fine on the straightaway. It can go down the highway at high speeds staying in a straight line without the need to hold on to the steering wheel. (not that I drive without holding the steering wheel)
On 31 Mar 2005 16:23:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

you are a TARD i set ya up for oversteer you are a TARD
hurc ast
Positive camber for cornering ability???
Unfortunately, those settings that improve cornering ability usually sacrifice straight line stability to some extent (oh, I can see you turning those words sideways). Toe out can make a car wander but do improve it's ability to "turn in". Negative camber has the outside tires set for cornering. Suspension deflection on hard cornering can induce toe change in the rear suspension.... this is an area deserving some research..... research - not cut and paste.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You already have a front roll bar/anti-sway bar.
First step... get the rear anti-sway bar & hardware from a 96-99 SHO and install that first... it will instill less understeer.
Install urethane bushings in place of the rubber ones.
Get sticky HP tires... at the cost of longevity.
There are shocks & struts available as upgrades. Variable rate "cargo-coils" for the rear. How far do you want to go?
Check some of the Taurus/Sable enthusiast sites for further details.
Rob