another load of crap

btmser opined in

>news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com: > >> I have a 91 ranger with a 2.3 4cyl engine that has an on going problem with >> black smoke coming out of the exhaust. It only does it while driving, not >> at idle. And it dont do it all the time. Also there are no engine codes. I >> have replaced almost everything electrical even the computer. I have had it >> to the local Ford dealer but no one seems to know anything. Is there anyone >> out there who might have a clue????? >> > >Are you sure it's black? or maybe bluish? > >Here's the first thing I would look for: > >Pull and look at all the plugs, the insulators tell you a lot. > >Black or gray/sooty = rich >greasy looking = oil use > >If it IS too rich on occasion but you dont get the check Engine light, >there's a very good chance it's your Fuel pressure regulator acting up lmfao

many causes hack a proper teck would monitor fuel pressure injectors may be leaking

lmfao

backyard hack sez " why fix it rite the first time ?"

hurc ast

Reply to
full_name

A leaking injector will most likely not be picked up be watching fuel pressure. But could be watched by using an ignition scope. A "proper tech" would know how a rich or lean mixture will effect the voltage out put and time of duration of the coil. Being that you have a "pickled herring" would know that.

Reply to
pick one

lmfao hey a scope that does a leakdown test lmfao U GO GIRL

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

That says it all.

Reply to
pick one

it sure does good thing you are not licenced what happens if all injectors leak? lmfao u wont make it flate rate

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

Real easy to see by a number of symptoms, but in the real world not likely.

Have for 30 years. You claim to be a Ford Master, forget the lesson on basic and advanced ignition? I thought your were a master, that's what you claim. Are you going to claim that an over rich or lean mixture is not going to affect the scope pattern? Is that what your saying? Are you going to say that only electrical concerns will change a scope pattern? Are you going to say that you can not see with an ignition scope high or low resistance in the secondary circuit? Are you going to claim that fuel mixture, among other things like relative compression will not affect the pattern on the scope? So come on girl, show how a scope can not show a mixture problem with a cylinder.

Reply to
pick one

">>>

What you actually have to use your brain? No come back? Hard to argue against physics isn't it? Come on "collage boy".

Reply to
pick one

buy the time u hook up your scope the fuel pressure wpuld have already leaked down lmfao can your scope tell you the fuel pressure and rate of leakage too?? case closed

lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

A leaking injector will not show up on a running engine with a gauge, the fuel pump has more than enough flow to make up for a leaking injector. A fast discharge of fuel pressure on a engine not running is not inclusive of a leaking injector. The fuel pump check valve could be at fault, just to name one.

Reply to
pick one

The fuel pressure leaking down is a false premise introduced by you. The original problem is that the truck is running rich. I can think of a whole lot more productive ways to approach a rich running engine than by using a fuel pressure gauge to watch for pressure leak down, especially since there is no complaint of extended crank time on start up.

False premise.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

lmfao the concern was the pressure regulator lmfao so we will scope it lmfao U GO GIRLS

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

No, that's just another false premise on your part.

Just because you don't know how doesn't mean it can't be done.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

hack already pulled the plugs whats the scope goiing to tell u that u cant see?

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

Well, if that's the case, what is your fuel pressure gauge going to tell you that "u" can't see?

You're like a dog chasing it's tail.

Twice as fun though...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

lmfao try the root cause lmfao u go girl

hurc ast

Reply to
relic896

What a numb skull.