clunk sound help

I have a '90 Grand Marquis GS. In certain instances I get a clunking sound from the left front wheel (only) when going into my driveway, on the curb.
This also happens when I am stepping on the brakes and hit a certain type of bump or pothole.
I know it is very hard to diagnose problems from people explaining sounds but I figured maybe I can be pointed in the right direction to troubleshoot this.
First I thought it might be a tie-rod or a bushing but the last time I had the car on a lift it proved not to be either of those.
The majority of the time the clunk only happens when I am stepping on the break and hitting the hole/bump at the same time. When I am hitting standard NYC potholes and cracks and those horrible creases on the highway I do not get the clunk.
I was guessing it might have something to do with the caliper but I am a novice when it comes to these things.
If someone has a general idea of what might be causing this I would greatly appreciate it so I would have an idea of what I am going to be told from a mechanic.
Thank you!
souds like the screw that hold the caliper came out and the caliper is loose take tire off and check
rring wrote:

If it only happens on tight turns, like into your driveway, you need to grease the steering stops on the lower control arms.
Check;
Upper and lower control arm bushings Sway/roll bar bushing for lubrication
Frank

Thanks for the replies.
I pulled the wheel today and everything looks intact.
What I noticed is that there is play in the caliper itself and it looks like the calipers bushings are worn so it looks like I'll be replacing the caliper.
Check any control arm to body bolts