DVD Player in Explorer

Well, having kids always creates situations for which we nee answers. My son inserted a non standard DVD into the overhead DV movie player. How in the heck can I get the thing out of the player
It will not eject
Come on. Somebody must have an answer to this one
Keep trying.

while it is true thet someone must have an answer, it is also true that before we can answer a question, you must ask it first. we are not mind readers.

On computers CD/DVD devices have a small hole in the front to allow a paper clip to override the normal electro-mechanical eject mechanism. I'm not familiar with the auto units. Is there a disc tray or is it loaded like an in-dash unit?

Look in the owner's manual. That may have instructions for problems like this.
Jeff

This item would not be in the owner's manual since it's considered an "accessory". And, yes, I looked.
As a previous person said, there is usually a pinhole near the opening for the cd where you can push a paperclip in there and force eject it.

According to the owner's manual, you should have a "DVD Supplement Guide" for complete instructions on using the DVD.
--
---
Typically installing an incorrect format of disk only causes a read error. I suspect that the disk was not put in the carriage correctly and has jammed. You probably need to take it apart.