Ford SOHC 4.0L IAC Valve

Took out the IAC valve to inspect and clean, (the valve was replaced just about 6 months ago), it is not a whole lot dirty but I notice that while it is
disconnected and removed from vehicle, it stays about half way open, if I manually force it to close , it closes but does not stay closed, it reopens half way again.
Is it not supposed to be fully closed when removed from vehicle?
Does it already needs to be replaced?
Any insights.
Thanks
Matt
Remove asterisk to email, add "Re:" (without quotes) to subject line.
Admin opined in

Might help to know WHY you did that (inspect/clean) in the first place..
Idling problems?
'Admin opined in ' '> Took out the IAC valve to inspect and clean, (the valve was replaced '> just about 6 months ago), it is not a whole lot dirty but I notice that '> while it is disconnected and removed from vehicle, it stays about half '> way open, if I manually force it to close , it closes but does not stay '> closed, it reopens half way again. '> '> Is it not supposed to be fully closed when removed from vehicle? '> '> Does it already needs to be replaced? '> '> Any insights. '> ' 'Might help to know WHY you did that (inspect/clean) in the first place.. ' 'Idling problems?
Yes, has low idle rpm and rough idle, no codes and no explanation whatsoever.
Matt Remove asterisk to email, add "Re:" (without quotes) to subject line.
Admin opined in

Well, since the system controls idle speed, it may be likely that the thing is bad. Again.