Help: Fort tempo problem

Hi.. I have a 92 Ford Tempo, 4 banger.. The problem is with the dashboard blowers. I cannot get the vents to work properly. The blower unit will blow thru the Floor/defrosters, but not thru the dashboard
vents. is there some sylanoid somewhere I should check? In my Haynes repair manual, there isn't much info on this subject.
Thanks.
wizardofsnog wrote:

tempo hmm not sure but the heater controls are probably cables...... you will have to dissassemble the dash controls and find out
I had a tempo with the same problem. It would not change, there was no solenoid, it was the cable that was broken on the back of the controls. The controls were all manual cables, no vacuum was used. I was able to reach up from under the dashboard, disconnect the cables and set the system to blow defrost. At least that kept the windows defrosted.