Judder/Vibration '98 Taurus Wagon

Help... I have a '98 Taurus Wagon with 162k miles on it, just recently when driving on freeway a judder has started, it is worse at 60 - 75 mph
then reduces! I have checked tire pressures, tire are in good condition.. any ideas chaps?
Sounds like a balance problem or a belt separation. Take it and get the tire balance checked.
CJb

I had a similar problem on my original 86 Taurus wagon - was caused an out-of-round Cooper radial. I was shocked to see how bad it looked while watching it spun on a balancing machine!

Chris Bowne opined in

Except in YOUR case, it probably got worse instead of better from 75 to 85.
That's the best way to tell the difference between balance and out of round.
BUT if you drive it unbalanced long enough it WILL be out of round
ya had the tires balanced?
CSB wrote:

--
friendbc AKA Beingsneaky Aka Sneaky_one