poor electrical

I have a 97 Taurus and the turn signal is bad. I have owned fords off and on. I have noticed that fords seem to have poor quality/design in the various electrical switches in their products.
That is not a fact, but just my own observation.
The last time I replaced a turn signal switch, (on a different car) I used a GP Sorensen . It did not have the same feel as the original. It was too soft, and did not last long.
I have seen a brand offered at some of the auto stores called Niehoff, Has anyone had any experience with this brad ? Because it is such a big job to change the turn signal switch, I would love to get a really good quality replacement. Can anyone who has knowledge on this please help me to understand what to do ?

Based on the number of car fires started by defective Ford ignition switches I'd have to agree.
They all have electrical problems.
I have had the most trouble with Lincoln Continentals. Pontiac Bonnevilles from the latter half of the 1990's have been known to have terrible under hood wiring harnesses. DCX had alot of grounding issues with their clusters in the 1980's
Adding aftermarket alarm systems and remote starters causes even more trouble.
Nothing unusual.
An odd statement in some respects..... in all too many cases. people continue operating their vehicles, in spite of being plagued by "electrical gremlins", because the things will still start and run in spite of the concern. Once they have finally ignored the problem for long enough, it bursts into flames....
We see that mindset with all manner of car troubles..... how many threads do we see that run like "For several months, my car has been doing this wierd thing and now it wont start/move/steer/stop....".

"Jim Warman" wrote:
We see many threads that run like "For several months, my car has been doing this wierd thing and now it won't start/move/steer/stop....". In all too many cases, they continue operating their vehicles, in spite of being plagued by "electrical gremlins", because the things will still start and run in spite of the concern. Once they have ignored the problem for long enough, it bursts into flames.... ______________________________________________
My solution used to be to turn the radio up until I could no longer hear the squealing/tapping/hissing/rattling.
Luckily, the radio quit before the flames broke out.
Best regards to all AAFers.
Rodan.

Yet the OP still doesn't have an answer....
I've never used Niehoff. Usually my replacement electric parts are Wells, but my brother in law runs the autozone north of me in Troy, OH. Go figure...
To say that Fords have bad electrics is laughable in my book. They're no worse than anyone else's. How many shivvies and pontyrags have I followed that have a tail, stop, turn, head, parking, running light or four out or turn signals that don't work....wait..that's the driver who can't work the lever....
Anyway....
Howbout those pigtails for the fan resistor on the pontyrags.
Burned to a crisp
$45 for the resistor and $80 (!) and 2 weeks B.O. for the pigtail Car only had 45k mls on it
$80 FOR A PIGTAIL ????????????????????????? A connector with 7 wires on it

Ford also had all those bad cruise control switches that started fires!
~e.