Radiator core question

Had to replace my wife's Isuzu radiator last weekend after it overheated and blew the plastic top off (a 92 Rodeo). My question is about the core. I hate to just pitch it if it can be salvaged. Other than the
top it looks pretty good. Do radiator shops have a use for old cores in good shape?
Frank

Radiator shops have replacement tops so you don't have to buy a new radiator.

I'm surprised you didn't have to turn it in when you got your new one- I had to when I bought one for my old Probe or lose the $30 core charge.
You could ask your local rad shop if they wanted to buy it, but I wouldn't expect much.
SC Tom