Shocking Taurus

I have a '01 Taurus that gives off a static shock when the ocupunts exit the car. Don't have any ideas on what it might be, I made sure both battery terminals were covered. that is the only idea I had... &
it did not help.
Hugh Nichols wrote:

its static electricity that is doing it.. the atmosphere has a lot to do with it occuring sometimes and not other times.. if they have a NAPA , national auto parts store or other stores in your area that sell truck parts then you can go there a buy a braided wires that looks like the old time battery cables... it attaches to the underside of the car, onto metal(a good ground on the car) and then just drops to the ground(cement or blacktop) road.. this will let all the static electricity flow out to the bottom of the car and will not just run out on the occupants when they exit the car..... they have or used to have them on all delivery trucks when i was a kid... they last a long time, probably the life of the vehicle..... dont have any idea of what they cost today... hope this helps.
X-NO-Archive:YES Hey Jim, Give the seats a spray of lemon pledge. The lemon oil should stop the static. If not... just drive around nude, thats the sure cure. Have fun....the straps won't help...the car is already negative. Bv

Here we go with the grounding traps again : ( The issue is charge between the passangers and the car, NOT the car and the earth! As the passangers, slide off the seats, a static charge is produced. Hold on to the metal window frame while getting out to null the charge. John

Take a sheet of Bounce, you know the stuff you put in your cloth dryer to stop static cling, and rub down you car seats. It will eliminate the static electric charge from building up when you get out of your car.
--
When Replying Remove "thepin" From Return Address

Good idea. I'll have to try that. My cars give me a nice shock as well. John
says...